Accommodation, Functions, Food, Wine and Art in the magnificently restored Post Office Guesthouse (circa 1870) in the heart of the village rich in history – Carcoar.
There are 6 luxurious rooms with every modern comfort, meals with a seasonal focus, and contemporary and traditional art.
Enjoy the lounge, the café, courtyard, and the private gardens.
Carcoar is on the Mid Western Highway approx 26 km from Milthorpe and approx 1/2 hour drive from both Orange and Bathurst in the heart of the NSW Central Tablelands.
Carcoar, with a current population of just over 300, was gazetted in 1839, becoming just the third settlement west of the Blue Mountains at the time. Steeped in history, it is now a National Trust classified village with many former public and private buildings providing a wonderful reminder of a previous era. The Old Carcoar Post Office (Circa 1870) is located next to the village’s most imposing building, the original Court House (built in 1882). Among its rich history, Carcoar holds the distinction of being more a more sedate life, the modern Carcoar with its well preserved colonial buildings is more likely to be used as a location for film and television productions.
Luxurious rooms with every modern comfort, meals with a seasonal focus, and contemporary and traditional art.
The Old Post Office Guest House – Carcoar
Accommodation, Functions, Food, Wine and Art in the magnificently restored Post Office Guesthouse (circa 1870) in the heart of the village rich in history – Carcoar. There are 6 luxurious bedrooms with every modern comfort, each with a large modern bathroom and spa bath; meals with a seasonal focus, and contemporary and traditional art.
The perfect venue for weddings, functions and celebrations, or simply that weekend away. The owners will be happy to help with your own unique requirements.
Rates: $250.00 double or twin per night
Your package includes breakfast and dinner can be arranged on request.
Group Bookings for up to 12 people – please ask for a quote – 30% non-refundable deposit for group bookings
- A minimum two-night stay applies to all bookings unless otherwise agreed to by Management
- A maximum number of guests per room: Two adults.
- A deposit of 30% of the accommodation tariff (and any additional extras) (non refundable)is required to confirm bookings. Until this has been received no booking is guaranteed. The balance owing must be paid on arrival (or before) by credit card, eft or cash.
- Cancellation policy – Refunds (minus administration charges) for the deposit will be at the discretion of management and subject to the accommodation being re-booked for the specified dates.
- The Old Carcoar Post Office Guest House is for adult couples (or singles). Pets are not permitted inside the Guest house but may be housed in the garden with prior consent.
- In the event of damage to fixtures or property loss, we reserve the right to charge the credit card of the person making the booking to cover the cost of repairs or replacement
- One night bookings, when accepted, require payment in full at the time of booking
- Check-in from: 3:00pm, Check Out:10:30am